A Recovery Coach is someone you use for extra support in your recovery from disordered eating.
- Do you obsess about the food you eat? Feel guilt and shame when you break away from your diet?
- Do you want to learn more about Intuitive Eating and how to live your life intuitively?
- Have you been struggling with guilt and shame when adding new foods into your diet?
- Do you restrict foods for health reasons? Do you restrict food to lose weight?
- Are you interested in learning about wellness without obsession?
- Have you been struggling with orthorexia or binge eating?
At Collide, recovery coaching is tailored to each individual’s needs. It’s a way to provide support and guidance during recovery when most people feel isolated and alone. Hear are the basics:
- Sessions last about 45-50 minutes long and occur on a weekly basis with mid-week e-mail check ins.
- Sessions occur over video chat or phone.
- Disclaimer: Recovery coaching is not a substitute for clinical treatment. A free phone consultation is always done to see if coaching is a good fit. If the individual is actively struggling with an eating disorder coaching can be an added support to therapy and dietician appointments.
If you’re interested in living a life free to food obsession, anxiety around eating and body image issues contact me for more information. I’d be happy to connect and learn more about how we can work together to overcome disordered eating!
Meet Your Recovery Coach: Danielle Swimm is a licensed psychotherapist who specializes in treating binge eating, orthorexia and disorder eating. She has a passion for Intuitive Eating and teaching others to live intuitively. She enjoys wellness without the obsession. She offers recovery coaching for disordered eating online and also offer clinical psychotherapy at her office in Annapolis, Maryland.