I was honored to be invited to talk to a Mood Disorder Support Group in Bowie, Maryland. I spoke about binge eating disorder and body image issues. The amount of feedback I got back from the audience after the presentation was done made it all worth it!
Some keys points to take away about Binge Eating:
- Finding patterns and triggers to binge eating is important to the recovery process.
- Sometimes binge eating is correlated with anxiety or depression.
- Recovering from binge eating disorder is completely possible!
- Living in today’s society, it can be so easy to get pulled into diet obsession, binge eating and body image issues.
- Changing your relationship with food and your body leads to a life free from food obsession.
- Click the link below to watch the entire talk!
Disclaimer: The information found in this video and this blog is in no way a replacement for a therapeutic relationship or mental health services. This is for educational purposes only and should be in used only in conjunction in working with a licensed mental health professional. If you are looking for a local professional feel free to use the contact tab to request an appointment or search Psychology Today for local therapists in your area.