Binge Eating Support Group
“Binge eating isn’t the eating disorder I think I wanted…”
“I’m so embarrassed even admitting that I binge”
“I have it so together in all the other areas of my life, but food feels so chaotic and out of control”
I’ve heard this in my private therapy sessions over and over again.
The embarassment. The shame. The stigma.
Which is exactly why we’re offering this Binge Eating Support Group this Spring. Being in a community with other adults who very much get it and are trying their best to recover from binge eating or emotional eating is incredibly healing in and of itself.
In this 6 week group we go over:
- Dialectal Behavioral Therapy (DBT) skills to help regulate emotion around food. We pull from the workbook The DBT Solution for Emotional Eating, which is an evidence based practice that has been proven to help stop the binge eating cycle.
- Introduce concepts from Intuitive Eating, that help you break from the diet mentality while regaining your hunger and fullness cues.
- Discuss body image, fat phobia and use a Health at Every Size framework in looking at how you can care for your health without managing your body’s weight and shape.
- Have guest talks from local Registered Dietitians on the science behind nutrition, managing blood sugar to prevent a binge and how restricting is the biggest cause of binge eating and emotional eating.
Annapolis Virtual Binge Eating Group Logistics
- We meet Thursdays at 12PM.
- Group starts April 28, 2022 on Zoom for approximately 50 minutes.
- Last group meets Thursday June 9th.
- Open to all adults over 18 that are located in the state or Maryland.
- It is required that you have an individual therapist that you are currently meeting with.
- Each group session is $65. We are out of network with insurance, but provide super bills that you can submit to insurance companies for reimbursement.
Get on the Interest List today and our admin will contact you when we start booking Group Intakes.
Run by a Certified Eating Disorder Specialist
Danielle Swimm, LCPC, CEDS
Danielle Swimm has been treating eating disorders in Annapolis since early 2018 and has a special interest in binge eating disorder. She has given talks to local schools and groups on the importance of developing a healthy relationship with food and body image at all ages. In her time off work, she enjoys being with her daughter, being outdoors and traveling. Click here to learn more about Danielle Swimm‘s background.